Your Safety and Health in Michigan during COVID-19
Barbara L. McQuade, former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan, shared her perspective on how police reforms that were part of a consent agreement between the City of Detroit and the U.S. Department of Justice addressed issues still confronting many other cities.
Public health experts discussed issues and share solutions related to Michigan’s ability to respond to the coronavirus pandemic and lessons learned that should shape future public policy.
The panel of public health experts will included:
- Dr. Renée Branch Canady, Chief Executive Officer of Michigan Public Health Institute
- Phyllis D. Meadows, Senior Fellow in the Health Program – The Kresge Foundation
- Marianne Udow-Phillips, Founding Executive Director – Center for Health Research Transformation (CHRT) at the University of Michigan
- Dennis Paradis, Executive Director of the Michigan Health Policy Forum at the Michigan State University Institute for Health Policy
- Rep. Hank Vaupel, Chair of the Michigan House Health Policy Committee, District 47