Search by Year –
Over more than 90 years, CRC has produced a very large number of publications. To assist in searching these publications, we have indexed the lists by year of publication and by subject (not all publications are included in the subject index). All recent publications are available in the Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. To access a publication that is not yet available online, please drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the publication number, title, and date.
CRC publications are, with a few exceptions, provided free of charge. We have supplied an abstract of the publications on this website. CRC publications come in several forms:
CRC Reports (Report)
— Full-length, in-depth analyses of public policy issues.
- CRC Memorandums (Memo) — Short reports (generally four to eight pages) on public policy issues or summaries of CRC Reports.
- CRC Notes (Note) — Two-page documents providing quick information about public policy issues.
Past publications have come with different names. They remain available by contacting CRC.
- Council Comments (CC) — Short reports (generally two to eight pages) giving a brief analysis of an issue or summarizing longer Reports (replaced by CRC Memorandums).
- Special Reports (SR) — Papers issued as part of the Michigan Joint Legislative Committee on Reorganization of State Government in the 1950s.
- Bureau Reports (BR) — The short publications in the Research Council’s prior existence as the Detroit Bureau of Governmental Research.
Downloadable CRC publications are provided in Adobe Acrobat’s Portable Document Format (pdf). Access to these files requires use of Acrobat Reader. This software is available at no cost from the Adobe.